Who Can Apply: The Angela and Reginald Goins Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for full-time, undergraduate students attending a four-year HBCU. Eligible students must reside in or be a permanent resident of New York City, Chicago or metro Detroit (Michigan Counties of Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair or Wayne). Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship program:
1) Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
2) Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form;
3) Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by your college or university;
4) Reside or be a permanent resident of New York City, Chicago, or metro Detroit (Michigan Counties of Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair or Wayne);
5) Be an undergraduate enrolled full-time at any accredited four-year HBCU.
Submission: For consideration, students must submit an application for the program that must include a letter of reference from a professor or community leader and an essay to ascertain your involvement in extra-curricular and community activities. All application materials must be received by the application deadline of January 18, 2021.
Deadline: January 18, 2021