Who Can Apply: Applicants for the program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Be of African descent.
· Must be graduating from high school in the Spring of 2023 and entering college as a Full-Time Freshmen in the Fall of 2023.
· Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (from one of the areas indicated below), a resident of London, England, or a citizen of the Bahamas.
a.) Area 1: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, London, United Kingdom, Vermont and Virginia.
b.) Area 2: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nassau Bahamas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
c.) Area 3: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, West Virginia, and Wisconsin,
d.) Area 4: Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
e.) Area 5: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington.
1. Students will need to complete an online application.
2. Submit 1 (one) letter of recommendation from a high school administrator or teacher (no exceptions);
3. Indicate participation in extra-curricular activities, academic/civic honors and awards, community service, and work experience.
4. Students must also answer both of the following essay questions:
a. Describe an experience you have had, a person who has influenced you, or an obstacle you have overcome, and explain why this was meaningful to you.
b. Provide a one-page statement of your career interest.
Deadline: April 14, 2023
Learn More: https://opportunities.uncf.org/s/program-landing-page?id=a2i8Y00000BGbvyQAD