Who Can Apply: The Foray Firm Black Law Student Scholarship is available to students who meet each of the following criteria:
- An African American student who is pursuing a degree in law
- The student has a demonstrated interest in family law
- The student is enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- The student holds membership with the Black Law Student Association
- The student maintains a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- The student is at least 18 years of age
Submission: To be considered for The Foray Firm Black Law Student Scholarship, students must submit a video of no more than 5 minutes discussing one of the following prompts:
1.How have your life experiences helped you develop the necessary skills to excel as an attorney in family law?
2.The Foray Firm believes in providing reliable representation to every person facing a difficult legal matter, regardless of their background, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. What principles will be important to you in your future legal practice, and why?
3.Domestic violence is an issue that affects people regardless of race, class, or culture. How do you hope to approach this issue as an attorney and address the cross-cultural factors that play a role in these cases?
4.What obstacles have you faced so far in your pursuit of becoming an attorney? How have you dealt with these challenges, and how do you plan on persevering through the obstacles ahead of you?
Deadline: June 6, 2023
Learn More: https://www.foraylawhouston.com/scholarship