Who Can Apply:
- Administered by UNCF, the Target Advancing Design Diversity Scholarship reflects the brand’s commitment to support the educational endeavors of Black/African American students throughout the United States, who have an interest in pursuing a degree in Design.
- Examples of majors include, but are not limited to: Animation Design, Apparel/Fashion Design, Apparel Technical Design, Architecture/Landscaping, Costume Design, Digital Arts and Design, Fashion Product Development, Fine Arts, Footwear Design, Graphic Design, Illustration Industrial Design, Interior Design, Packaging Design, Product Design, UX Design, Technical Design, Textile Arts, Textile Design/Surface/Fibers, Textile Sciences and Engineering, Transportation Design, and Weaving Arts.
- This year, the program will award 6 need-based scholarships, up to $3,000, to first-year/incoming freshman, with a demonstrated, unmet financial need, as verified by their institution. (Applicants are required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form).
- For consideration, applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale), be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S. and attending a U.S. located, four-year accredited college or university or two-year community college. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time, first-year student at the time of initial award in Fall 2022.
- Selected students will receive a need-based award, up to $3,000 ($1,500 per semester), for the 2022–2023 academic year. The scholarship is renewable for three additional years or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first, if eligibility criteria continue to be met.
– A current academic transcript
– Sample of applicant’s artwork
– Brief statement describing the concept of the artwork.
Deadline: October 12, 2022
Learn More: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/01eaf5d7-677d-4554-bef3-93948e701fe2