Who Can Apply: Due to the generosity of an anonymous donor, The Vegetarian Resource Group each year will award $20,000 in college scholarship money to graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities. Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish, or fowl. Vegans are vegetarians who do not use other animal products such as dairy or eggs.
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given. Entries may only be sent by students graduating from high school in SPRING 2020.
I. When applying, please include the following:
(Use additional paper if necessary.)
II. Please submit an essay addressing the following:
- How you promoted vegetarianism in your high school and/or community
- Your successes
- Your challenges
- What you learned/what you would do different
- How you expect to promote vegetarianism in college and beyond
- Your future goals
- Your strengths
- Your weaknesses
- Your “perfect” life in five years
- Why you should receive this scholarship
- How you became vegetarian and why you are vegetarian
- How you define vegetarian
- Why vegetarianism is important to you
- What else is important to you
- What vegetarian foods you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
- What restaurants you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
III. Please also attach:
- A copy of your transcripts or report cards for the past two years. (An official copy is not necessary. Photocopies of your report cards will suffice.)
- Three or more recommendations (including at least one teacher).
- Any documentation related to your promotion of vegetarianism in high school and/or community including photographs, newspaper stories, etc.
Learn More: https://www.vrg.org/student/scholar.htm