Who Can Apply:
- Theresa Lord was a beloved mother and grandmother with a big heart and sharp mind. She was born in the late 1920’s, a Trinidadian, lived to the age of 92. In all of her years on a small island and decades more in the United States, she believed the best way to succeed for a Black person was an education.
- The mother of 7 children, grandmother to 30 grandchildren, and 25 great grandchildren she believed in having a strong faith in God and belief in yourself. Her wealth was measured in love and adoration from family and friends.
- It was important to Theresa to attend the graduations of all of her grandchildren, an important milestone she wanted to witness.
- This scholarship seeks to support an African American student or a student of Caribbean descent so they can fulfill their destiny.
- Any African American or Caribbean-descended high school senior or undergraduate student pursuing a four-year degree may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about yourself, your goals, an obstacle you faced, and what that experience taught you.
Deadline: April 22, 2023