Who Can Apply: The Workers’ Compensation Association of New Mexico Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing scholarships for children of workers who have been killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease. Scholarships are awarded throughout the year. Students may apply every semester for which they are eligible. Scholarship amounts are determined based on the student’s financial need.
- Between 16 and 25 years old at the time of the application.
- Child who is a dependent of a worker killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease with a New Mexico employer.
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education.
- Accepted or already enrolled at a [university, college or technical school]. (Graduate-level students are not eligible.)
- Pursuing a degree as a Full-Time student.
- Completion of the FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid – for students attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Completed Toby Wright Memorial Scholarship Application with student, family and university/college/technical school contact information
- Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
- Copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), if you are attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
- Proof of compensable injury/illness claim such as determination letter by the New Mexico workers’ compensation Administration
- Parents’ basic employer information such as name, address, phone
- Brief description of the injury, illness, or fatality
Deadline: December 30, 2022