Who Can Apply:
- William A. Stuart was a lifelong student who loved hands-on learning.
- From creating new techniques to help him run faster on the track or break pole vaulting heights in high school to joining the Marine Corps to learn the discipline needed as an adult, Bill continued to set new goals as a life habit. He was forever tinkering and rebuilding car engines and tearing laptops apart to make them “run cooler.”
- Bill never got the chance to complete a college education due to health challenges, but he never stopped trying to learn. At age 60, he applied to the University of Pennsylvania as an MIS/Computer Science student in a program full of 20-year-olds who called him ‘Pops.’
- This scholarship aims to honor the life of William A. Stuart by supporting students who share his passion for learning.
- Any high school senior, undergraduate, or trade school student who is pursuing mechanics, engineering, or computer software may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about your academic and professional goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve them.
Deadline: March 30, 2024