Who Can Apply:
- William Griggs was a beloved father who believed that space represented the final frontier of exploration for humanity.
- William grew up in rural New York and quickly developed a love for science, tinkering, and pushing the limits of possibility. William took this passion and his curious nature to launch a career as an aeronautical engineer working on groundbreaking projects, including the Saturn V Rocket that delivered astronauts to the moon for the Apollo missions.
- William encouraged his daughters to engage in science and mathematics, building their confidence and teaching them how to take risks based on methodical preparation and knowledge.
- This scholarship seeks to honor the memory of William Griggs by supporting women pursuing science and math.
- Any female high school senior or undergraduate student pursuing a two or four-year degree program in science or mathematics may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about yourself and how you plan to contribute to the field of math or science.
Deadline: June 20, 2024