Who Can Apply: Applications should be limited to one per research group. Awards will be given with preference to the following order:
- Any applicant who will be making her first presentation (regardless of format) at an ACS Spring or Fall meeting.
- Graduate or postdoctoral applicants who have not presented at a national or major meeting since completing their undergraduate degree.
Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible. Those who have received a prior award under this program are ineligible.
The WCC Awards Team reviews applications and selects awardees.
- A resume or C.V. (include permanent address).
- A copy of her abstract submission which should include her abstract title, author(s), and text (The abstract submission confirmation will be required when funds are awarded).
- A letter detailing the reasons why she wants this award (both scientific and financial) and specifying whether she has made a previous presentation at a national or major meeting.
- A letter from her advisor confirming her participation in the meeting at which she will be making her presentation, commenting on her technical ability and potential, and listing any other travel support that would be available from the department or research grants.
Deadline: June 1, 2023