Who Can Apply: The purpose of the Zach Myer Memorial Firefighter Scholarship is to provide scholarships to graduating seniors from high school(s) located within Johnson County, Kansas, who are planning to attend an accredited school or certification program for the purpose of receiving Firefighter I & II certifications, and/or EMS certification at or above the level of Emergency Medical Technician.
Students eligible for this scholarship shall:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school in Johnson County, Kansas;
- Plan to attend an accredited public or proprietary institution;
- Furnish his/her academic record (transcript when possible);
- Provide recommendations from at least two of the following persons (no relatives): Explorer Post advisor, high school representative (principal or academic advisor), or community representative;
- Submit a 500 word essay stating why he/she has chosen firefighting as a career, and how the applicant will use the scholarship to help achieve that goal; and
- Submit a black and white or color glossy photo (such as a passport photo) for publicity purposes in the event of selection.
Submission: Write a 500 word essay stating why you have chosen firefighting as a career, and how you will use the scholarship to help achieve that goal.
Deadline: June 30, 2021