Who Can Apply: The applicaiton is now open for the 2022-2023 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2022. Application for the program must meet the following requirements:
*Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
* Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university.
*Be a college sophomore (a rising junior, class of 2024) at the time of application, and enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university.
*Be an African American student majoring in elementary or secondary education.
*Be a US citizen.
*As part of the application process, provide proof of 15 hours of completed community service hours, and in each semester thereafter while receiving the scholarship.
1. A response to essay prompt regarding career interests/goals in education/teaching and why.
2. A current copy of your college transcript (unofficial copy can be submitted).
3. A completed online reference verifying participation in community service
4. An online academic recommendation completed by a professor.
Deadline: June 16, 2022
Learn More: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/594f3392-9876-43fa-819b-07b11d0ee381