Who Can Apply:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2022.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2022-2023 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2022
- Submit one letter of recommendation online
Submission: Applicants will be asked to choose three of the following essay prompts to respond to. Each prompt has a 500-word limit.
Option 1: Please describe a specific situation or activity in which you took on a leadership role, whether by choice or because you naturally moved into it. In what ways do you feel you were effective? In what ways do you think you could have been a better leader? Describe how your cultural identity may have influenced your leadership style.
Option 2: Tell us about a time your created or built something and describe what it was. Was it something new or did it enhance or change something that already existed? What was the process for developing what you created or built? Were you able to share what you created with others? What meaning or value did it have for you and those you may have shared it with?
Option 3: Please describe what you would like to accomplish in college. These accomplishments could be personal, educational, or professional. Give us some concrete steps you plan to take to achieve these goals. How will accomplishing these goals impact your future self and professional life after college?
Option 4: Please discuss an issue of personal, local, national, or global concern and its importance to you. What do you know about this issue? What experiences lead you to be concerned about this issue? How has your APIA identity influenced your perspective on this issue? Who is working on this issue that you admire, and what makes their work of interest to you?
Deadline: January 27, 2022
Learn More: http://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/a0D1R00000hD2FZUA0