Who Can Apply:
- Sponsored by Pentagon Federal Credit Union, this scholarship will fund pilot training towards a private pilot’s license at a facility of their choice.
- The scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will be applied towards instructor training and aircraft rental. The funds are not applicable to other expenses such as medical exams, knowledge and practical exams, equipment, housing, and transportation. Any amount required beyond the $10,000 must be covered by the student. Payment will be made directly to the training facility on the student’s behalf.
- The scholarship is open to current AFA members as well as children of Thunderbird and Blue Angels pilots. No previous flight experience is necessary.
- Applicant must include an essay of not more than 600 words describing how this scholarship and a private pilot’s license will assist in achieving their career or educational goals.
- If the applicant is a current or recent high school, college, or university student, an unofficial transcript is required.
- Per FAA requirements, the student must be 16 years old to fly solo and 17 years old to obtain a private pilot certificate. There is no upper age limit.
- Applicant must use the funds for flight training in 2022. Lessons taken in 2023 will not be reimbursed.
- Applicant must be a current AFA member unless applying as the child of a Thunderbird or Blue Angels pilot.
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Learn More: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/78440