Who Can Apply: The 2023-2024 UNCF Social Justice Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program awarding $5,000 to undergraduate juniors and seniors in New York, New Jersey, Vermont or Connecticut who are committed to social justice. Students majoring in criminal justice, political science, or pre-law will be given preference.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Reside in or be a permanent resident of Connecticut, Vermont, New York or New Jersey
- Be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior during the time of application
- Attend a UNCF member institution, Historically Black College or University (HBCU), or any 4-year accredited college or university
- Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by December 14, 2023. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline
- One Letter of Recommendation (LOR). The recommender must not be a family member / relative. The LOR must be made through the UNCF online Application System and must be received by the application due date. Emailed LORs will not be accepted.
- Essay – A statement of career interests that discusses your passion and commitment to social justice (500-750 words / 2500 to 3000 Characters)
- A recent official or unofficial academic transcript
Deadline: December 14, 2023