Who Can Apply: To be eligible for an International Project Grant, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have successfully completed an AAUW International Fellowship, all reporting requirements for the fellowship, and the academic program for which they received the fellowship by June 30, 2021.
- The applicant must have citizenship in a country other than the United States. Women holding dual citizenship in the U.S. and another country or who are permanent residents of the U.S., or who pursue either of those during the grant year are not eligible.
- The project must be implemented in the applicant’s home country and have a direct, positive impact on women and girls.
- The applicant must be the primary director of the project and be responsible for the project, with control over programmatic, administrative, fiscal and editorial decisions.
- International Project Grants are not available for the development of written work for academic credit or for research that will be used for a degree thesis or dissertation.
- Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels, and task forces.
Deadline: November 1, 2023