Who Can Apply: This program provides fellows with an interactive educational opportunity to observe and have discussions with specialists in the treatment of heart valve disease at suggested institutions, while concurrently obtaining technical skills in perioperative patient management.
The AATS Foundation Advanced Valve Disease Education Fellowship provides a live, interactional, and observational educational experience for cardiothoracic surgeons from around the world to spend one to three months at host institutions focusing their research and training in any of the following areas:
- Minimally invasive operative techniques for aortic, mitral, and tricuspid disease.
- Unique technical approaches for repair of complex degenerative and functional mitral valves.
- Complex aortic surgery.
- Aortic and mitral transcatheter valve approaches.
- Valve imaging techniques for proper assessment and case planning.
- Robotic mitral valve surgery.
- Developing a successful program.
- Endovascular treatment of the aorta.
- Current trends in coronary revascularization.
- A multidisciplinary approach for the treatment of valvular heart disease.
- The role heart teams should play to improve patient outcomes.
Deadline: July 2, 2023