Who Can Apply: An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Obtained a liberal arts or other non-business undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States prior to enrolling in a graduate accounting program.
- Not earned more than 12 credits in accounting during his/her undergraduate program.
- Not actively participating in a graduate accounting program.
- Planning to pursue a graduate-level degree in accounting or an accounting-related major beginning in fall of the 2023-24 academic year. (“Accounting-related” shall be as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion.) This program will enable a student to sit for the CPA exam.
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Enrolled as a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the full 2023-24 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship program or if you are graduating after the conclusion of the fall 2023 semester.)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not already be receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) that covers or exceeds one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the full 2023-24 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Deadline: March 15, 2023