Who Can Apply:
- To apply, you must be a current graduating senior or former graduate from high schools in the communities of Lincoln, Lyons, or Fairbury in Nebraska, planning to attend any qualified, nonprofit 2- or 4-year college/university.
- The applicant must meet minimum standards for institutional admission; however, need not excel academically or maintain a specific grade point average.
- Preference will be given to those students who maintain academic capacity to pursue higher education; however, may not necessarily meet the criteria for high academic-based awards.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who are first-generation college students.
- This criterion will only be used as a tie-breaker between equally qualified students.
- Recipients of this scholarship may continue receiving funding in subsequent years (up to 4 consecutive years), provided they continue to meet the criteria listed above.
Submission: High school transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable) and the first page from your FAFSA Report.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Learn More: https://lcf.academicworks.com/opportunities/1411