Who Can Apply: All eligible applicants must be/have:
- A woman pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2023.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent per semester) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent per semester) for the 2023-24 academic year (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship or if you are graduating upon completion of fall 2023).
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the 2023-24 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Deadline: March 15, 2023