Who Can Apply:
- The award is open to a master’s level student who is currently enrolled in a health education program at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory.
- To be eligible, the applicant must have a minimum current overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the SHAPE America application deadline. Prior SHAPE America scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Attach a current curriculum vitae. Use the following format (please present the material in reverse chronological order where applicable)
- Personal information
- Current program and institution
- Degrees earned, name of institutions and year of graduation
- Employment experience and dates of employment
- Professional presentations: title, date and location of presentation
- Professional publications
- Professional memberships
- Professional committee involvement
- Voluntary community service activities
- Any other extra-curricular or professional activities
- Attach a narrative three-part essay that includes your philosophy of health education, your professional goals, and your assessment of current and future issues in health education. The maximum length for this narrative is three double-spaced pages with a 12-point font. Include sub-titles for each of the three areas (Philosophy, Professional Goals, Issues).
- Two letters of recommendation submitted by professional individuals in the academic major, which address academic status, leadership potential, and career commitment. Letters should be from the applicant’s adviser and a professor within the major. Details on submission after application.
- Attach a current official transcript PDF from the institution granting the most recent degree and any coursework that fulfills requirements for the current degree program.
Deadline: October 15, 2021