Who Can Apply: The purpose of these scholarships is to assist Coborn’s employees and their dependents in their pursuit of a private high school or post-secondary education. The scholarships are named in memory of Bill and Joyce Coborn.
- High School, High School Senior, College Student, Graduate Student
- ONLY: Coborn’s Inc. employees or their eligible children. Any Coborn’s employee with one year of service or their dependent (up to age 25) of any eligible employee can apply. Student must be a full-time student attending a private high school, or any technical, community or 4-year college, or pursuing a graduate-level degree to be eligible for the scholarships.
- Planning to attend or attending: Private high school or two-year or four-year US-based college (full-time enrollment).
- Application General Questions
- Essay: Single page, double space: Describe a meaningful volunteer, community or work experience. What did you learn and how will you take this into your future?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for:1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Electronic Transcript:
- High School Students: You must enter your guidance officer’s email address into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
- College Students: Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are signed by the registrar’s office.
Deadline: March 1, 2024