Who Can Apply:
- Catrina Celestine Aquilino was a committed lawyer whose life was cut short by triple negative breast cancer at the age of thirty-four.
- During her career, Catrina helped people throughout multiple communities. Her passion was justice should be accessible, of which, Catrina made a reality for many. She always felt that no matter where a person was born or which family they were born into, it would never play into whether she would care. She was brilliant and generous to all.
- In her teenage years, Catrina volunteered at the US Holocaust Museum. While in University, she was able to visit Ghana to see how women worked, spent one summer in Guatemala interviewing indigenous peoples, and took coursework in France. She was fluent in three languages.
- This scholarship seeks to honor Catrina’s legacy by supporting students pursuing a degree in law or healthcare. With the goal to help them accomplish greater things, this scholarship will allow them to cast their circle beyond.
- Any first-generation student in college or graduate school who is interested in law and/or healthcare may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about yourself and how you hope to help the world through your career in medicine or law.
Deadline: October 12, 2022
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/catrina-celestine-aquilino-memorial-scholarship/