Who Can Apply: Applicants for the CM CARES Religious Scholars Program must:
- Be enrolled or be planning to enroll in a full-time or part-time*, graduate or doctorate religious studies program** at an accredited or conditionally accredited*** United States theological seminary, college, or university of higher learning, for the entire 2021-22 academic year.
- *Usually a minimum of 6 credits; however, this varies by school. If you are unsure whether you are enrolled part-time, please check what your school’s part-time enrollment policy is.
- **Applicants must be pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree in an area of religious study. This can be any area of religious study provided the applicant intends to enter full-time ministry following completion of studies.
- ***Institutions in the process of achieving accreditation.
- Demonstrate personal impact throughout education, work experiences, and volunteerism.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Be committed to entering the practice of full-time ministry* in the United States** following completion of studies.
- *Full-time ministry includes holding a paid leadership position within a church body as a primary means of income.
- **Must be physically within the United States.
- International applicants are not eligible to apply for this program.
Submission: As part of your application, you must upload a current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
Deadline: April 5, 2022