Who Can Apply:
- Dashanna K. McNeil dedicated her life to caring for others through her practice in nursing and was a source of inspiration and hope for many people.
- After graduating from Conway High School in 1995, she completed the LPN licensure program from the Conway School of Practical Nursing Program that same year. Dashanna continued her education by completing her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of South Carolina. She later completed a Masters in Nursing and a Masters in Public Health from the University of Phoenix.
- Dashanna loved nursing and sharing her talents and leadership in healthcare systems in South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland, Tennessee, and California. Her love and passion for healing encouraged her to start and incorporate the McNeil Healthcare Institute with the purpose of educating future certified nursing assistants.
- The Dashanna K. McNeil Memorial Scholarship exists to honor her life and to encourage and support those who share her commitment to the field of nursing through their studies and pending careers.
Submission: Please answer the question based on your education level.
- If you’re a high school senior: As a graduating high school student, why do you want to become a nurse, and is there a specific area of nursing you would like to pursue?
- If you’re continuing your education: What inspired you to pursue an advanced certification or degree, and what are your goals for your specific area of nursing?
Deadline: July 1, 2022