Who Can Apply:
- College is expensive, which creates a financial barrier for students unable to afford the costs of higher education.
- The Gary Robert Schloss Memorial Scholarship will both honor a special person who passed away and make a difference in a person’s life.
- Gary was born in Philadelphia. His family was his life, he was an amazing husband, wonderful father to his two daughters and a doting grandfather to his five grandchildren. Gary had numerous lifelong friends and befriended others with his humor and loving ways. Gary cared deeply about those most in need in Philadelphia. His wife’s career was dedicated to the education of lower income children.
- This memorial scholarship will continue Gary’s desire to make a difference to those in need.
- The goal is to provide financial assistance to young adults who might not otherwise have the resources to pursue a college education. This scholarship will help low-income African American students living in Pennsylvania fulfill their dreams and pursue their passions.
- High school students in Pennsylvania are eligible to apply if they are African American and come from a verifiable low-income background. Preference will be given to students who live in Philadelphia.
Submission: To apply, write about how this scholarship would make an impact on your life and make a difference for you and your family.
Deadline: April 25, 2023