Who Can Apply:
- The George L. Watters Memorial Scholarship was established in 1988. George Watters was an outstanding and well-respected representative of the petroleum marketing industry. Following his death several years ago, the Nebraska Petroleum Marketers Association established this scholarship to properly recall George’s leadership and integrity in the field. The Nebraska Petroleum Marketers, a member of the Energy Marketers of America, seeks to unify petroleum marketers throughout the state to effectively further the common interests of the petroleum marketing industry.
- To be eligible to apply you must be a current graduating high school senior from any high school in Nebraska who is a dependent of a current Nebraska Petroleum Marketer member or employee. You must be in the upper one-third of the graduating class and must demonstrate leadership qualities and have expressed a desire and intent to continue education leading to a degree at a college or university in Nebraska. Financial need will only be utilized as a tie-breaker in the selection process.
1. High school transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable).
2. First page of your FAFSA report which shows Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number.
3. Three (3) references’ e-mail addresses. References will be notified to fill out an online form. References from family members are not acceptable.
Deadline: March 15, 2024
Learn More: https://lcf.academicworks.com/opportunities/1683