Who Can Apply: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a student affiliate of Div. 14 (Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology).
- Must be a full-time PhD student in I-O psychology (or a closely related field such as organizational behavior) at a regionally accredited university or college. The U.S. Department of Education offers a database that verifies accreditation.
- PhD student must be one of the following ethnic minorities: Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific-American, African/Caribbean-American, Latino/Hispanic-American.
- Applicants who have defended their dissertations are not eligible.
- Past recipients or recipients of other Div. 14-sponsored scholarships are not eligible.
- Letter from doctoral advisor stating that the dissertation plan has been approved.
- Letter of recommendation from chair or director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled. This letter should include information about the applicant’s ethnicity.
- Curriculum vitae, two-page maximum, including scientific publications and presentations.
- Summary of the dissertation research, 12-page maximum*, including an explanation of research design and other important aspects of the project.
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Learn More: https://www.apa.org/about/awards/div-14-macey?tab=1