Who Can Apply:
- The James R. Welch Scholarship was created in 1990 in honor of James Welch, of Montana Geological Materials, from Billings, Montana, who died of a heart attack while collecting fossils at Glass Mountain, in the Permian of Texas This scholarship is meant to assist graduate level students doing research in macro invertebrate fossils.
- A major requirement of acceptance is that the applicant must be active in field research and collecting. In other words, we want the applicant to get out and do work in the field. These funds should thus be primarily used for the collection and preparation of macro fossils.
- The amount of the James R. Welch Scholarship will be $1,000.00 annually and includes a one-year renewable Associate Membership.
- The applicant does not need to be a member of the Association of Applied Paleontological Sciences.
1. A letter of recommendation from one or more of your professors or advisors.
2. A current Curriculum Vitae or Collage Transcript.
3. A current photograph of the Applicant, which can be emailed, but it must be at least 400 pixels X 600 pixels and 72 dpi.
Deadline: December 1, 2022
Learn More: https://www.aaps.net/James-R-Welch-Scholarship.htm