Who Can Apply:
- Must be pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Preference given to applicants who are working or plan to work at Navicent Health (formerly Medical Center of Central Georgia).
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be accepted into the Nursing Program at Middle Georgia State University or Wesleyan College.
- The Joyce Brown Memorial Scholarship will not be awarded until the student has received formal acceptance into the Middle Georgia State or Wesleyan College nursing program AND been accepted into a clinical rotation at a Navicent Health Facility.
- A short essay describing why you aspire to be a nurse. Include the college where you will be attending nursing school and any work/intern experience you have had in the nursing field, specifically with Navicent Health.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two references who have agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. These people will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your work, school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Learn More: https://cfcga.org/scholarship/joyce-brown-memorial-scholarship-fund/