Who Can Apply: Kids’ Chance of Kansas is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers that have been killed or seriously injured in a work-related accident or occupational disease. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible.
- Between 16-28 years old at the time of the application
- Child who is a dependent of a worker who has been killed, seriously injured, or experienced a debilitating illness in a work-related incident with a KS employer.
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education.
- Accepted or planning to attend a college, university, or technical school. Graduate or under-graduate.
- Pursuing a degree as a full-time or part-time student.
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family, and university/college/technical school contact information
- Copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Student Aid Index (SAI), formerly called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), IF you are attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university
- Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
- Proof of injury/illness claim such as determination letter or CLAIM NUMBER from the state workers’ compensation board or death certificate
- Parents’ basic employer information
Deadline: December 31, 2023