Who Can Apply:
1. Be a Black/African American male;
2. Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 but not higher than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate unmet need as verified by the financial aid office of their attending college or university;
4. Be an incoming undergraduate freshman planning to enroll full-time at any UNCF Member Institution or any other accredited four-year HBCU beginning in Fall 2022. Preference shall be given to candidates who have graduated from Washington, DC Public Schools.
- Submit an online application for the LeBlanc/Baker Scholarship 2022-2023 Cohort
- Write a one-page essay answering the following prompt. “Discuss an obstacle you have faced in life and why you believe obtaining a college degree is important.”
- Upload an official or unofficial current academic transcript.
Deadline: September 14, 2022