Who Can Apply: Each year the Louisiana CPA Educational Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers scholarships to qualifying full-time, undergraduate accounting majors enrolled in a Louisiana university who are intent on remaining in Louisiana upon graduation and pursuing the CPA designation.
Scholarships are made possible by contributions received from members of the Society of Louisiana CPAs and other donors. Scholarship amounts range from $500 to $2500 or higher and are awarded in the spring. Must be a current LCPA Student Affiliate and meet all other eligibility requirements to apply.
- Current Student Affiliate in the Society of Louisiana CPAs.
- Currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed (verification may be required).
- Intent on remaining in LA upon graduation and pursuing the CPA designation.
- Successfully completed an intermediate accounting course and are a declared accounting major.
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall.
- Unofficial AND Official transcripts through the 2022 summer semester.
- One-page essay, double-spaced, addressing the question provided.
- Two reference letters: one from a current faculty member and the second from a licensed CPA or another person (nonrelative, non-educator) who can attest to your character and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
Deadline: December 30, 2022
Amount: $500 – $2,500