Who Can Apply:
- Mary Schonfield was a dear wife and mother of two daughters. Seen with a medical, plant, bird or flower book in her hand and eager to learn; Mary was accepted to UC Berkeley in her early 20’s, but decided to stay with her future husband to marry, raise a family, and build a homestead in a rural community.
- She helped support her family throughout the years by working first as a dental assistant, then a receptionist at a rural health clinic, and lastly as a medical assistant. In her late 40’s she decided to go back to school so that she could apply to a Physician Assistant program. Driving 60 miles each way to school several times a week, while working, Mary excelled in her studies. She was accepted to UC Davis Physician Assistant program.
- After earning her degree, Mary returned to her community to help the undeserved population. Mary then went on to become a women’s health provider, bringing her sensitivity and positive attitude to countless people in her community.
- This scholarship seeks to support women adult learners who are currently accepted to a Physician Assistant program.
- Any female student who is at least 27 years old and studying to become a PA may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us what prompted you to return to school to become a medical professional and what are you hoping to accomplish once you graduate.
Deadline: August 17, 2022