Who Can Apply:
- Dr. Jeremy Michael Higgins studied Chemistry at the University of Pittsburgh and received his PH.D. in Chemistry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- He began his career as a chemist at Brady Corporation in Wisconsin and then spent years as a research scientist for 3M in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. During his time at 3M he had the ability to travel the world. He was very proud of publishing 20 patents for thermally conductive materials.
- Over the last several years many changes occurred for Jeremy that led to leaving 3M in March of 2021. He returned to the Chicagoland area where he pursued a dream—creating a 3D printing company, Ursa Labs, LLC, which operated in Woodridge, IL.
- Jeremy found immense joy working with his hands and creating items to share and sell with others—to “help science past the lab and into the hands of people.”
- The North Star Dreamers Memorial Scholarship aims to honor Dr. Jeremy Michael Higgins by helping young minds pursue a future as an inventor, in science, or entrepreneurship.
- High school juniors or seniors pursuing science, entrepreneurship or plans to become an inventor may apply.
Submission: To apply, please tell us how this scholarship will help you with your career goals.
Deadline: April 25, 2023