Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of any Washington County high school. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from McGuffey High School. A second $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student from any other high school in Washington County. Students selected to receive a scholarship as a graduating senior may be eligible for up to three subsequent-year scholarships provided they continue to meet these criteria.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary trade school, college or university for the fall after graduation. There is no requirement as to the location of the school or the field of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant’s transcript.*
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report which will be used to determine financial need.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Deadline: April 1, 2022