Who Can Apply:
- The Rob Dollar foundation was created to remember Rob who unfortunately lost his life during a cycling accident. Rob loved riding and the community that embraced him while embarking on his passions.
- The passion Rob had for cycling pushed the creators of the foundation, his father and best friend, to raise awareness and improve safety for other cyclists.
- In 2020 alone, there were 1,260 bicycle-related deaths, and this number is estimated to keep increasing. Almost 64% of these fatalities were caused by motor vehicle traffic collisions.
- These overwhelming statistics call for advancement in the methodology used today to keep cyclists safe in our communities. This scholarship is positioned to support students looking to make a difference. The opportunity will support students who are pursuing careers that aim to improve overall road safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Students who are looking to pursue careers in civil engineering or city planning and development are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. However, preference will be given to students who are also actively involved in the cycling community in addition to degree requirements.
Submission: To apply, please share a bit about yourself and your interest/connection to the cycling community along with your goals to help improve our roadways.
Deadline: April 19, 2023
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/RAD-Scholarship/