Who Can Apply: Procter and Gamble (P&G) and CVS Health, in partnership with UNCF, have developed the Rooted In Science Scholarship Program, presented by Gold Series from Pantene and Royal Oils by Head & Shoulders. Gold Series and Royal Oils are #RootedInScience to provide superior scalp and hair care because these product lines were co-created by Black scientists, stylists, and dermatologists who understand the unique needs of textured hair. These P&G scientists have made understanding our hair their mission and legacy and want to enable the next generation of science-focused innovators.
This program awards need-based academic scholarships to Black women who are college juniors and pursuing a degree in a STEM-related discipline, with preference given to students attending an HBCU. Selected finalists will receive a scholarship of $5,000.00, renewable for up to 1 year for awardees who continue to meet program eligibility requirements.
- Be an African American/Black female.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be currently classified as a college junior and enrolled full-time at any US-located accredited 4-year college or university.
- Be pursuing a degree program in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Be a US citizen or legal US resident.
- Have completed the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet financial need.
Submission: The applicant must submit a thoughtful 350-500 word essay that responds to these questions:
- What inspired or influenced you to study your STEM major?
- What career do you see yourself pursuing with this major and why did you select that career?
Deadline: January 4, 2021