Description: The Sacramento County Black Midwives Scholarship is available to California residents looking to become midwives.
Who Can Apply: Applicants must be a resident of the state of California, self-identify as Black or African American, be high school seniors, high school graduates (with a high school diploma or GED) or current undergraduate or graduate students. Qualified applicants must plan to enroll in a midwifery licensing program for the entire upcoming academic year at one of the following institutions:
- UCSF, Nurse Midwifery – California
- Cal State Fullerton Nurse Midwifery – California
- Florida School of Traditional Midwifery – Florida
- College of Mercy in Action – Idaho
- Birthwise – Maine
- National College of Midwifery – New Mexico
- Maternidad La Luz – Texas
- Midwives College of Utah – Utah
- National Midwifery Institute – Vermont
- Bastyr – Washington
Non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Amount: up to $25,000
Number of Scholarships Offered: 2
Deadline: December 5, 2022
How to Apply: Apply via the link below.
Learn More: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/midwifery/