Who Can Apply:
- Terry Masters was a beloved and award-winning oil painter who is best known for his passion and immense talent for plein air painting – the act of painting outdoors in natural light versus in a studio or enclosed setting.
- Among his many accolades and awards, Terry held the distinguished honor of being a California Art Club Signature Artist. He could often be found exploring the Southern California desert where he lived; setting up his easel in a remote spot and painting the stunning pieces he was best known for.
- Terry loved nothing more than to be outside in the fresh air, finding inspiration for his canvas in the beauty of the everyday world around us. A gifted artist, teacher, and friend, Terry was also known for his generous spirit and warm heart.
- This scholarship aims to continue Terry’s legacy of giving by inspiring others to embrace and pursue the same passion and joy that Terry found in painting outdoors and to honor his memory through excellence in the arts for years to come.
- Any high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate pursuing a degree in the fine arts may apply, but preference will be given to painters. Candidates who practice plein air (painting in the outdoors) are highly preferred.
Submission: To apply, submit a short essay telling us how the everyday world inspires your art and submit 2-3 images of your original art pieces. Original art only. No reproductions accepted.
Deadline: December 5, 2023
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/terry-masters-memorial-scholarship/