Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must have been adopted or exited foster care to permanent guardianship at or after the age of thirteen (13).
- Demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA Application.
- Applicants must be incoming college freshmen age 21 or younger.
- A completed application that includes four short answer/essays written by the student.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should reflect the writer’s knowledge of the student’s achievements, improvements, and personal needs.
- Teacher/ Administrator: One letter should represent a teacher or administrator who is familiar with the student’s work and accomplishments.
- Personal Reference: The second letter should come from a significant person in the child’s life (i.e. social worker, coach, mentor, etc.).
- Parent: The parent letter should highlight the growth the student has shown since adoption.
- The student’s most recent high school transcript and a copy of first semester’s grades. The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report (FAFSA). Visit the web for complete FAFSA details including deadlines at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Didn’t take the ACT/SAT? No problem. Just send us documentation.
- A copy of your adoption or legal guardianship paperwork.
Deadline: May 12, 2023
Learn More: https://www.umpscare.com/scholarship/all-star-college-scholarship/