Who Can Apply:
- The Y. C. Yang Civil Engineering Scholarship may be presented annually to not more than 2 undergraduate civil engineering students, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of worthy students in structural engineering.
- At the time of application the individual must be a student in an ABET-accredited program, a Student Member of the Society in good standing at the time of application and award, and expresses an interest in structural engineering.
- Scholarships may be awarded only to those students who will employ them to continue their formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
- Previous holders of the scholarship are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: Applications must include (1) completed application form; (2) statement by the applicant addressing his/her interest in structural engineering; (3) detailed annual budget; (4) official transcript; (5)resume; and (6) minimum of two sealed recommendation letters, one of which must be from a faculty member.
Deadline: February 10, 2022
Learn More: https://www.asce.org/career-growth/awards-and-honors/scholarships/y-c-yang-civil-engineering-scholarship