Who Can Apply:
- The Ojeda Multi-County Youth Scholarship is awarded to two deserving inner-city high school students.
- Inner-city youth are often placed at a disadvantage when it comes to pursuing higher education.
- From underfunded schools to a lack of familial resources, inner-city students are often at a higher risk of dropping out of school. In big urban school districts in the US, the high school graduation rate is only around 50% as compared to the national average graduation rate of 88%.
- This scholarship aims to assist inner-city high school students so they can afford the costs of their tuition and books.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic or African American origin, and have a minimum 2.9 GPA to apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about your experience growing up in the inner city, what challenges you faced, and how you overcame them.
Deadline: July 25, 2024