Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be individuals, AAUW branches, AAUW state organizations or local community-based nonprofit organizations (including universities).
- The proposed activity must promote education and equity for women and girls.
- Nonprofit organizations and universities must be based in the United States or its territories.
- Organizations (including universities) must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. AAUW branch and state applicants must have 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status.
- Proposals from AAUW branches or states must be approved and signed by the branch or state president.
- Proposals from local community-based nonprofit organizations must be approved and signed by the organization’s executive director.
- Previous Community Action Grant awardees must wait three application cycles before applying for another grant and may not apply for duplicate funding.
- Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels, and task forces.
Deadline: December 1, 2023