Who Can Apply: The AIA Central Valley/John Ellis Architectural Scholarship was established in 2018 by the American Institute of Architects, Central Valley Chapter, in recognition of Mr. Ellis’s significant service to the profession of architecture, through his support and involvement with the Chapter and as a professor of architecture at Cosumnes River College spanning 34 years. This scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to students pursuing a major in architecture.
- Be a high school senior, undergraduate college student, graduate student or an adult re-entry student
- Must be majoring in architecture at a Community College or Four-Year College/University in the fall
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Have attended or currently attending a school in the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Lassen, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Shasta, Sierra, Sutter, Tehama, Yolo and Yuba
- Full time enrollment in 12 units or more is required during the academic year
- Preference will go to students attending a Community College
Submission: Essay: What in your family or life story, up to this point, has influenced or inspired you to want to study architecture?
Deadline: March 12, 2021