Who Can Apply:
- Aserina Hill was a beloved grandmother and family matriarch who passed away in February 2022.
- Aserina herself never finished school due to the need to immediately join the workforce to help her family financially. Living off a fixed income for most of her life, she made it her mission to sacrifice her earnings in order to provide financial assistance so that others could reach their goals. Aserina’s acts of kindness were revealed by her pastor during her funeral through thank-you cards from the students and many family members she has helped throughout her life.
- Aserina was a remarkable individual who touched the lives of everyone she met. Her dedication to education and her unwavering support for those striving to achieve their dreams left a lasting impact on all who had the privilege of knowing her.
- This scholarship aims to preserve Aserina Hill’s legacy of giving by providing students with financial aid so they have the opportunity to attend college.
- Any high school senior in Georgia who will be a first-generation college student and has non-profit or community service experience may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about yourself and what type of charity you would like to start if given the opportunity.
Deadline: April 15, 2024