Who Can Apply: The Brad Evans Foundation Fund Scholarship was established by the Evans family to honor their son and brother whose life was characterized by the qualities of integrity, loyalty, and commitment.
Brad Evans was an excellent student, talented athlete, a wonderful son and a terrific brother. He had a gift of bringing people together which was the result of his inclusive nature. He was known for his sense of humor, creativity, and spirit of adventure.
Brad graduated from Corona del Mar High School in 1996, where he was an academic letterman, editor of the school newspaper, a starting guard on the varsity basketball team and co-captain of the varsity baseball team. He then attended the University of California at Berkeley as a Regent’s and Chancellor’s Scholar. Brad passed away four months before he was to graduate. This scholarship was established to assist a talented and versatile student with first year expenses at U.C. Berkeley.
- An Orange County high school senior from the Newport-Mesa Unified School District
- A student who has been accepted to an accredited program at the University of California, Berkeley and enrolls as a full time student
- Preference may be given to students who have shown an outstanding record in their chosen field
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.5
- An outstanding student in their chosen field with a demonstrated record of community service and leadership.
Submission: What are your long-term career goals, and how will attending UC Berkeley help you achieve those goals? Minimum 350 words to maximum 500 words.
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Learn More: https://oc-cf.academicworks.com/opportunities/2108