Who Can Apply:
- With over 40 years of experience in education, Mrs. Yvonne Lister Moss taught within several Texas communities and school districts until her retirement in 2013. Mrs. Moss served as a counselor for several Dallas Independent School District high schools including South Oak Cliff High School.
- As a third-generation educator, her dedication to students was inherited from her mother, her aunts, and her grandmother, all of whom were central Texas educators. Mrs. Moss is an alumna of two historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Paul Quinn College and Prairie View A&M University; additionally, she graduated from Texas A&M University – Commerce (formerly known as East Texas State University). Mrs. Moss is an Organizer and Charter Member of the Omicron Mu Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., a member of the National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc. (Alpha Rho chapter), and she is an Associate Member of Jack & Jill of America, Inc.
- As a two-time cancer survivor, Mrs. Moss continues to actively volunteer her time to various causes and organizations focused on increasing student access to educational opportunities.
- This scholarship aims to support students from South Oak Cliff High School, in honor of Mrs. Yvonne Moss, as they pursue higher education.
- Any high school senior attending South Oak Cliff High School in Texas may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us how attending South Oak Cliff High School has inspired you to pursue education and how you are currently making an impact in your community.
Deadline: February 10, 2024