Who Can Apply: The scholarship program is administered by PRLA’s charitable foundation, PRLA Educational Foundation (PRLAEF). It annually provides Pennsylvania students with the opportunity to further their education in the hospitality industry. Since the program’s inception in 2006, the PRLAEF has awarded more than $345,000 in scholarship monies.
To be eligible for the scholarship program:
- Student must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Student must be either:
- A graduating high school senior who has been accepted into a hospitality or culinary arts program at an accredited post-secondary institution for the 2021-22 school year.
- A currently enrolled post-secondary student who will be studying in a hospitality or culinary arts program during the 2021-22 school year.
- Three letters of recommendation (Can be sourced from any combination of teachers/instructors, employers, and/or personal references).
- Transcript from most recently attended school.
- A short essay (200 words) describing who you are, your work experience and why you wish to pursue a career in the hospitality industry.
- Letter of acceptance from the post-secondary school (unless currently enrolled).
- Resume (optional)
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Learn More: https://www.prla.org/scholarships.html