Who Can Apply:
- Applicant is a “late bloomer” who demonstrates academic promise and continuous grade point average improvement during high school or college
- Applicant demonstrates community involvement
- Maximum cumulative grade point average of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Graduating high school senior or graduate of a public or private high school in San Mateo County, San Francisco County, or Santa Clara County
- Planning to enroll or enrolled in two- or four-year college, university or vocational school as a full-time student
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible non-citizens include United States legal residents and A.B. 540 students)
Submission: Submit your personal statement into your Apply SVCF application. Your 500-850 word personal statement should address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college OR your intended career if you are a current college student.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: January 8, 2021